Sunday, October 24, 2010

Three more days' worth

Ok, this will be quick because I have water filling up the laundry tub and I need to put something else in there.

Day 22 – Favorite non-sexual relationship (including asexual romantic relationships)
Calvin and Hobbes! This has to count. What do I love about them? I like the fact that Calvin is so rough around the edges, but Hobbes (which is really a separate part of Calvin's personality) lets loose with the lady love. It's a perfect way to show the reluctant maturity of a little boy, or so I believe, never having been a boy, nor having any male offspring to observe. Meh. They're funny.

Day 23 – Most annoying character ever
Scarlett O'Hara. She's whiny, selfish, spoiled, conniving... not to mention fun to read about. Just because someone is annoying doesn't mean she isn't interesting. I'm just really glad I don't actually know anyone like her.

Day 24 – Best quote from a novel
"I'd rather look a fool than be right and fail to act."  Richard, Soul of the Fire.

I love this quote because in all honesty this is the kind of thought that separates the brave from the meek. Not only that, but it reminds me that even though I might look silly, there is always the small chance that what I'm doing really will stop that bully, save that baby, make someone's day and save his life. 

Later, gators.

1 comment: