Thursday, September 30, 2010

More Booksy

The famed "Crick-in-the-neck kiss"
Day 15 – Your “comfort” book

This would have to be Gone With the Wind. I know, it's a silly story that's slightly offensive, but it was the first "adult" book I had ever chosen for myself and read (in Grade 7 from a book fair) and I was so proud that I read it that it left me with feelings of nostalgia.


Day 16 – Favorite poem or collection of poetry

Chicken Soup with Rice, no doubt!
 
Day 17 – Favorite story or collection of stories (short stories, novellas, novelettes, etc.)
My favourite story is Tatterhood by Robin Muller. It is quite violent now that I have read it recently, but I never thought about it twice when reading it as a child, and, remembering how much I liked the story when I was young, I don't think about the violence now as I let my daughter read it. I talk to her about what's going on and don't just leave her to ponder the situations on her own.

1 comment: