Sunday, September 12, 2010

Booksy

Get ready, folks: as suggested by [not-sure-if-she-wants-to-be-named], I'm going to participate in the 30-day book talk! Just keep in mind that lately I'm very tired so my posts will get right to the knitty-gritty.

Day 1: A book series you wish had gone on longer OR a book series you wish would just freaking end already (or both!)
Honestly, the first series that came to mind was the Harry Potter series, for both circumstances. I loved the books, and I was so disappointed when I finished the last one, knowing that there weren't any more to enjoy! That being said, I was quite annoyed that the last book was mostly a hiking trip. It ended at a good time, I think.
Note: I've heard tell that the James Potter series is comparable - and it has now been placed on my TBR (To Be Read) shelf!

Oh, I shouldn't forget - the series that shouldn't have gone on as long as it did was definitely A Series of Unfortunate Events. The first book was suffice. It was depressing, but more because it was so bad. I'm still not sure why it was so popular.

Which series do you wish had continued or ended? Comment below, email me, or post on your own!

3 comments:

  1. I wish the Sookie Stackhouse series (TrueBlood) didn't have eight books. Too much. Too long. Too much of the same old stuff. I also think (as evidenced in my last blog post) enough of the vampire/werewolf themed stories. I think they are killing the whole genre. Just my opinion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the 2nd time I've heard that about the Sookie books this week! I agree that the vampire/werewolf thing is old, too, but they must make for a good escape for the tween set!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish The Babysitters' Club ended after like 200 books. They needed to grow up and get on with their lives.

    ReplyDelete