Saturday, September 18, 2010

Booksy, Days 5-7

Sorry! I've been super busy in the last few days, and I really shouldn't be posting this now either...


Day 05 – A book or series you hate
Well, I don't know how to answer this one, since I generally don't finish books that I hate. However, I recently read Sisters by Danielle Steel and nearly fell over from dizziness after rolling my eyes so much. Really, it was a terrible read.

Day 06 – Favorite book of your favorite series OR your favorite book of all time
My favourite series has to be the Stephanie Plum series, my favourite book was Four to Score, where I believe Sally Sweet (the cross-dressing singer) is introduced and Joyce Barnhardt shows up again. Gosh, I could read those books over and over, I think! I gotta get through the 3 I'm reading now so I can get back to Plum!

My favourite book of all time is still Winnie the Pooh. Didn't I mention that already, though?

Day 07 – Least favorite plot device employed by way too many books you actually enjoyed otherwise
Plot device? Hmm... I guess it would be good looks causing people to underestimate a character's intelligence. However, it happens to me so often in real life...

1 comment:

  1. Day 5 - Anything by Nicholas Sparks (ugh).

    Day 6 - Favourite book of all time is a hard one but in recent memory, I am partial to the Time Travellers Wife, thought it was well done and very unique. I also have a soft spot for time travelling because how cool would that be? (Explains my love of Outlander perhaps).

    Day 7 - Not sure if this qualifies but it seems that I read so many books where the writer leaves too much unexplained. For example, somehow the psycho serial killer gets the address of the attractive female detective, breaks into her house despite the killer doberman and security system but offers no reasonable explanation how the freak accomplished this. It seems that they don't have enough creativity to come up with an explanation.

    ReplyDelete