Saturday, September 18, 2010

Embarrassed - an update.

My most embarrassing moment: I was in my jazz singing lesson when my teacher at the time told me it's time to try scatting. "Just sing whatever comes into your head, even if it's nonsense. There's no wrong way to scat."
"I can't do that, I don't know what to say!" She scatted as an example, and it sounded great. "Ok, your turn. Sing this line, then have at it."
I sang the line, and then she nodded her head for me to start. "Doot-doo. Umm, doo?"

Stop.

My teacher looked at me. "You're right. You can't scat. Never do that again," she said. She was serious.





... L, I know you feel my pain.

3 comments:

  1. "I think you're just not physically suited to be a singer."
    Heck yes, I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, nobody can't sing Aerosmith the way we can't. :D

    ReplyDelete