Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Booksy: Day 4

Holy, how did I get to Day 4 already?

Day 04 – Your favorite book or series ever

Best book ever: Winnie the Pooh, by A. A. Milne. Don't laugh, it's written brilliantly. I felt like Milne captured the spirit of childhood imagination perfectly, without wasting time on boring omniscient descriptions. He just told the story as a child would, and too bad for you if you can't accept the goings-on.

Wait, you've read something better than Winnie the Pooh? Leave me some details!

2 comments:

  1. I'm currently reading Pooh and the Psychologists (In Which It Is Proven That Pooh Bear Is a Brilliant Psychotherapist) and it's actually a really interesting read, going through curing Piglet's anxiety, Christopher Robin's fear of bears, Eeyore's depression, Wol's communication problem, etc. Apparently it's the 3rd in a trilogy (Pooh and the Millenium, Pooh and the Philosophers). I want to get the others too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favourite series as a youngster was the Narnia series. Loved those. I was actually disgusted years later as an adult when an neighbour of mine (a graduate of McMaster with an honours in English hadn't heard of CS Lewis). Anyway, I read them to my children when they were young but of course, they weren't quite as fascinated as I was....too bad, I thought they were wonderful.

    ReplyDelete