Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Top Ten Tuesday

Top Ten Ways to Look Thinner
10. Don't slouch. Remember what your mama told ya. Not only does slouching lengthen your torso so that your boobs aren't high-fiving your navel, it engages your core muscles and aids in digestion, which will help bloating, which will make you look thinner!

9. Wear smoothing garments. I'm talking about things like Spanx.

8. Suck it in. Duh.

7. Wear dark colours, head to toe. I've heard that this makes you look less lumpy, but I've also heard it makes you look like Morticia.

6. Get a good bra. I cannot stress this enough. In fact, I will be doing a full-fledged post on this in a few weeks.

5. Wear heels. The longer you make yourself, the thinner you'll look. Note: Don't go overboard and get 4-inchers if you can't handle them. Better to look plump and poised than thinner and ridiculous.

4. Avoid salt. Salt = retention.

3. Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation = retention.

2. Pay attention to your hair. There are ways to make your hair complement your body type. Ask a good stylist.

1. Get a good mix of diet and exercise. Ugh. I know. I wish I could avoid it, too. However, I'd be kidding myself if I didn't admit that this is the absolute best way to achieve a great silhouette.

3 comments:

  1. I can comment on these things now? Awesome!
    I've been wondering about investing in some Spanx. Do you like them?
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered my Gmail account name! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a pair that is like a panty that attaches to your bra. It looks good, but don't expect to look like a supermodel. It just smooths you out a bit so that you don't have muffin-top.

    ReplyDelete