Monday, February 22, 2010

Sugar, You're Sweet Enough

I had always suspected that I was an emotional eater, but when I really paid attention this week, I witnessed it. When I'm happy, I dance. When I'm angry, I fume. When I'm frustrated, I eat.

Ok, think. What would Jillian do? I found my trigger, but now what? If I think about it too much, I'm going to need want a Swiss Roll to calm myself down.

Last week I decided to cut out sugary drinks. I calculated that with nursing, I would be "burning" approximately 800 calories a day* if I resist juice/pop/coffee/etc. Yesterday, I had my first real temptation... and blew it. My dear husband brought home Five Alive, and I couldn't didn't resist! I was having a stressful morning and I threw caution to the wind and had probably a little over 500mL. Oh well. The real challenge comes from having the rest of it in our fridge, along with three other tasty, sugary drinks of the frozen concentrated variety.

My game plan this week: Think of this week as a Biggest Loser challenge. First person to have a sugary drink before Sunday will have a 2-lbs. disadvantage. Work on my inner dialogue. Find 10 minutes a day to work out, and actually do it.

* Sounds like a lot, doesn't it? It would probably mean significant weight loss if I ate a healthy diet, but unfortunately, I top that off with ice cream, cake, chips, and dip. Burning 800 calories doesn't do much when I eat 2500 a day.


STATS
Starting weight: 127 lbs.
Goal weight: 117 lbs.
Current weight: 125 lbs.
Measurements:
Arm: 11"
Bust: 39"
Waist: 32.5"
Thigh: 21"
Progress:
Weight lost: 2 lbs.
Inches lost: 0.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment