Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Not a great post - my mind's on food.

I've been on "vacation" (read: holiday lay-off) since the 18th, and I decided that this year I will do my best to lose 7 lbs. in 14 days. It's now the 22nd and I realize how impossible that is for me. However, I think I might be able to get through the holidays without gaining the 12 lbs. Dr. Phil says most of us will pack on. How, you ask?

My plan:
Work out for 20 minutes every day
Take measurements every day
Weigh myself every day

Why am I doing these things every day? Although I was told that it is terrible to measure your progress every day because of the natural fluctuations in your body, I want to measure every day as a reminder of my goal! Ahem, my new goal of not gaining weight. So far, I think I've done well enough. I've learned a couple of things already:
  • I do have time to work out, as long as I don't expect more than 15 minutes at a time, ever. I've been doing it during the kids' bathtime.
  • My measurements are all over the place - the fluctuations are funny. Either I'm doing it wrong or I gain/lose a quarter inch each day, not to mention a few pounds at a time!
  • Working out makes me ravenous. I could eat all. the. time.
Speaking of which, I'm hungry. But it's bedtime. Aw, heck, I'll work it off tomorrow. Time for a bedtime snack!

1 comment:

  1. How long did that last? Six days. Then Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, and Makeover Day happened and I just didn't have the time/motivation to get all sweaty. Maybe I'll be one of the millions of people starting fresh in the new year!

    ReplyDelete