Sunday, July 25, 2010

A List/Literacy Post

Just for some fluff, here's a list of words I wish I could use without sounding like a wanker.
This kid isn't a wanker.
#1: Wanker
#2: Dude. I feel like I'm way too old to get away with it. I still use it, though. I'm a wanker.
#3: Citrouille (quite possibly the best sounding French word. Stupid English and their "pumpkin.")
#4: Bloke (so much better than "guy" or "dude")
#5: Sexy. It's just not sexy when I say it. It's more matter-of-fact.
#6: Smashing - definitely a wanker-word when used as an adjective. Look for it in my tweets this week!
#7: Torte (I could never tell someone I'm serving torte without laughing)
#8: Fuck (I say it when I'm really mad, but I sound like a wanker)
#9: Tuppence. It's just fun, but won't ever be in my daily vocabulary.
#10: Antidisestablishmentarianism. I could look up the meaning, but really I just like all the letters and the way it sounds.

*Shut-up about the formatting and continuity. I was at the zoo all day and I'm tired. Shh.

2 comments:

  1. LMBO! Here's a hilarious email response I just got:

    "How was the zoo? I swear parking at the beach ... cost just as much as admission to the zoo. Obviously more than a tuppence. Not even a sexy bloke in sight. Total wankers. I'm still miffed about the historical antidisestablishmentarianism and thinking about it while I make a citrouille torte .... Dude, need more coffee and I've got to clean my house. Have a smashing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I was listening to Smashing Citrouilles before the engine 'sploded and the car burst into flames. Must be Billie's voice.
    Another big word I've always liked is "floccinaucinihilipilification". I think it means "hippo".

    ReplyDelete